TYPES OF IMAGES AND SERVICES:
Art and image processing is an important element in the composition process. Amnet has the experience to deliver precision and aesthetics in art and image processing. We offer all kinds of graphic composition including line-arts, half-tones and pictures:
- Line Art/Disk Conversion
- Scanned Image
- Image Retouching
- Coloring Work
- Color Conversion
- Cover Process
Line Art/Disk conversion
Line art or line drawing is any image that consists of distinct straight or curved lines placed against a background, without gradations in shade or hue to represent two-dimensional or three-dimensional objects.
It is usually a single-color drawing (such as one made with a pen or pencil) with little or no solid areas, and no shading effect other than cross-hatching.
- Images are categorized into simple, medium, and complex based on details in the line art images.
- The images in Raster format (line art or line and tone) are redrawn to improve the quality of the images for printer requirement.
- The images in vector format are redrawn to improve the quality by following the steps listed below:
- Changing the font style as per the specification received from the client.
- Re-sized the images to match the text area.
- Fixing the stroke, weight, and color (gray/CMYK/PMS/RGB).
- Working on the pattern and embedded object to avoid pitstop error during printing.
- Will convert images to gray/CMYK/PMS/RGB as per the specifications.
Further to the above steps, the images are relabeled for readability if the labels are illegible. The images may also be relabeled to maintain consistency.
A continuous tone image, such as a photograph, that has been converted into a black-and-white image. Halftones are created through a process called dithering, in which the density and pattern of black-and-white dots are varied to simulate different shades of gray.
- If the image is in halftone it should be sized to match the text area.
- The brightness, contrast, highlight, and shadows are fixed.
- Blurred images are sharpened.
- The images are cropped based on the specification or requirement.
- The images are masked or straightened depending on the image details and client requirements.
- Images are extracted from the Doc/PDF/PowerPoint/Online and converted into required format as per the client’s specification.
- Images are corrected by retouching and clone stamping:
RETOUCHING: Unwanted dust is cleared. Scratches are removed from the image based on the client’s requirement to improve the quality.
CLONE STAMPING: Any part of the image that is lost or damaged is corrected by stamping. Unwanted parts of the images are obscured by stamping.
- Coloring work is done for the gray scale line art images as per the client’s specification.
- Single color image is converted to CMYK.
- Selected color is applied in the relevant part of the images.
Images are converted from a specific color to a required color based on the received specification.
- Gray image to CMYK
- CMYK image to PMS
- Gray image to RGB color image
- CMYK image to gray image (i.e. single color), etc.
An image that is extracted from scanned pages.
- Images extracted from the scanned pages are processed to improve the quality.
- Sizing is done to fit into the text area.
- These images are retouched and cleared for unwanted dust.
Cover image Process
These are small images, logos, and bar codes that appear in the cover.
- Retouching of the existing cover image
- Creating the cover image as per the client’s specification
- Generating barcode and QR code
- Creating thumbnail cover image for online
- Creating cover image for online