Data, Data Everywhere!
Publishing companies need to maintain a multitude of metadata. Traditionally data are maintained across several spreadsheets because of the enormity of data and the challenge of judiciously providing access to relevant members. This practice comes with a plethora of drawbacks such as an increase in data redundancy, difficulty in data recovery, issues in maintaining data integrity, and cumbersome report generation processes. The only alternative is perhaps a CMS, which can be expensive and difficult to maintain.
- Time and effort is wasted in maintaining volumes of metadata across multiple spreadsheets
- No access control or user privilege in accessing spreadsheets
- No tracking and alerting of approaching milestones
- Excessive time consumption in generating required metadata for resellers, aggregators, etc.
The Amnet Solution
By leveraging its technology expertise, Amnet can improve process efficiency and remove redundancies with its centralized cloud-based platform—AcuMeta, which stores all metadata in a single repository and provides an authentication/role-based access feature that prevents misuse of sensitive information. There is also a search function that allows quick retrieval of specific product details.
The AcuMeta platform is best suited for publishers and aggregators. It offers a host of useful features like tracking changes in delivery schedules and automatically triggering alerts to respective stakeholders, measuring deviations on publication dates and sending alerts, tracking print stock, generating, and more. AcuMeta can be enhanced to deliver eBooks (ePub, PDF, Mobi, etc.) bundled with the required metadata and delivered to various resellers tracking all deliveries. What’s more, the platform can be customized to suit specific client requirements.
- AcuMeta helps you save up to 50% of time spent maintaining, managing, and tracking metadata across multiple spreadsheets with different stakeholders
- Save on license costs associated with MS Excel
- Confidentiality of data and reports ensured through authentication/role based access
- Affordable, one-time development cost
- Enduring support from Amnet to enable easy addition of new features
- Negligible hosting and maintenance cost (annual)
- Simple and user-friendly