In the author proofing process, seamless collaboration between the author and the compositor is crucial for a successful publication. Conventionally, PDFs are sent back and forth between compositors and authors for annotating corrections/comments and implementing them in the pagination process. This consumes a lot of time and delays the publishing process.
Typical Challenges Authors and Publishers Face
Challenges in incorporating author corrections include:
- 30% additional time spent in implementing multiple iterations
- ambiguity in comprehending corrections
- deploying too many resources
- delay in the overall publishing process
ProofOn is a novel solution to organize and enhance the proofing and corrections process for XML-first/digital-first workflows. This platform allows authors to insert corrections on the live files. The corrections are synchronized into the pagination application instantaneously.
- With ProofOn, review occurs online and corrections are applied instantaneously through a WYSWYG HTML editor. Through our workflow system, all the changes are tracked which enables the other stakeholders like production editors to review the changes before integrating into the source file.
- Add comments to compositors for layout corrections.
- Insert/delete any text, image, table.
- Apply styles to text like bold, italic, superscript, subscript.
What's Unique About ProofOn
Automatic cross-references: ProofOn automatically renumbers and relinks bibliography references when there are additions or deletions.
Instantaneous display of corrected version: The author can instantaneously view the revised text.