[Approximate Reading Time : 4 mins]
In the fast-paced modern world, students and institutions are looking for digital solutions that make learning more flexible. This makes it increasingly possible for learning to happen outside of a physical classroom. Artificial intelligence is one of the tools publishing houses and institutions are leveraging to change the way students access information. So, how effective is the AI learning experience?
The Components of Virtual Learning
Many different pieces of the puzzle come together to make AI-based learning possible. Not all of these are present in every learning environment:
- Customized Search: This makes it easier to search for new content based on consumption patterns. For example, previously visited web pages could lead to recommendations for specific courses.
- Customizable Interfaces: Customizing learning interfaces can help students better organize information and tasks. Common applications include reward systems and curriculum building.
- Personalized Learning: Improving communication channels can make it easier for students to reach the professionals they need. These include professors, academic advisors and counselors.
- Augmented Reality: Educators believe this technology will play a more crucial role in classrooms of the future. It might make it possible for more practical courses to be completed remotely.
The Benefits of the AI Learning Experience
From augmented reality in education publishing to smart chatbots, there are a number of ways AI-based learning can transform the education system. The benefits are as much for education systems as they are for the students attending them.
All around the world, students are experiencing disengagement. Lack of engagement can lead to unmotivated students and high dropout rates. Disengagement is especially likely among students who do not physically attend any classes.
In the education system, a successful degree is a complete degree. College students might not agree. Many students graduate from programs they chose hastily and grew to hate. AI-based recommendations might make it easier for students to narrow down their passions and skills.
Mental health can feel like a fragile asset for college students. Some universities have sought to remedy the problem by providing chatbots that can track moods, give advice and schedule appointments with professionals.
Making bots responsible for certain tasks can free up staff to handle more complex issues. It can also allow students to get immediate answers to pressing questions, instead of waiting to speak to staff members days later.
An AI learning experience can change the way people think of the education system and pursue an education. At Amnet, we remain committed to providing technology and publishing services that facilitate these changes. Contact us to learn more.Sources
2. Artificial intelligence will transform universities. Here’s how | World Economic Forum (weforum.org)
3. AI in Higher Education: Applications, Personalization, and Benefits | Computools